ENABLE, MEDIATOR OR FACILITATOR BETWEEN STARTUP AND CORPORATION
Accelerate your company with these expert tips on "Enable, mediator or facilitator between startup and corporation". Analyse and discover this TIP!
The enabler, also known as mediator or facilitator, is a key player in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, especially in the startup and large enterprise environment. Its main function is to bring closer and facilitate collaboration between the two types of business, generating mutual benefits. As startups and large companies recognise the importance of working together, the role of the enabler has become increasingly relevant.
There are different categories of enablers that can be found in institutions
- Knowledge Enablers: These enablers include research centres that provide expertise and experience in specific fields.
- Impulse enablers: These types of enablers are incubators and accelerators that provide support and resources to startups in their early stages of development, helping them to grow and scale quickly.
- Investment Enablers: These enablers refer to financial institutions that invest in new companies, including venture capital, private equity or business angels, providing the necessary capital for the growth of start-ups.
- Public enablers: This category includes government agencies and embassies that provide support and resources to start-ups through specific programmes and policies.
- Business Enablers: These enablers include chambers of commerce, competitors and large corporations that collaborate with startups to foster innovation and the development of new products or services.
- Service Enablers: Refers to consulting and professional services firms that provide advice and support in specific areas, such as business strategy, marketing, legal, among others.
The presence of enablers generates numerous benefits for companies, both startups and large corporations. They enable networking, knowledge and experience sharing, and facilitate the creation of new business opportunities.. Enablers also play an important role in important role in driving corporate innovation by promoting collaboration and the adoption of new business models, talents and technologies.
In a nutshell, the enabler plays a key role as a mediator and facilitator in the relationship between startups and large companies. Your The aim is to promote collaboration, knowledge sharing and the generation of innovative market opportunities. By working together, both types of companies can benefit from each other and contribute to the growth and development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Here are some practical examples of enablers in business:
- Accelerators and incubators: These are momentum enablers that provide support and resources to startups in their early stages of development. Well-known examples are Y Combinator, Techstars and 500 Startups.
- Research centres: These knowledge enablers provide research and development support to companies, enabling them to access specialised knowledge and advanced technologies. Example: MIT Media Lab.
- Venture capital funds: Investment enablers in the form of venture capital funds provide funding to promising start-ups. Example: Sequoia Capital.
- Government agencies: Some governments act as public enablers by establishing support and funding programmes for start-ups. Example: French Agency for Innovation and Development.
- Large corporations: Large companies can act as business enablers by collaborating with startups to promote innovation. Example: Microsoft Accelerator.
- Innovation consultancies: These service enablers provide advice and guidance on business strategy, product development and marketing. Example: IDEO.
These are just a few examples of enablers in the business world. Each of them plays a unique and essential role in facilitating and promoting collaboration between startups and established companies, enabling a more dynamic and innovation-friendly entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Hiring an enabler can provide several advantages to a start-up, but it can also have some disadvantages.
HERE IS A LIST OF POSSIBLE ADVANTAGES AND CHALLENGES ASSOCIATED WITH HIRING AN ENABLER:
- Access to resources and expertise: An enabler can provide a startup with access to resources, knowledge and experience that would otherwise be difficult to obtain. This can include advanced technologies, experts in the field, connections to investors and mentors, and access to acceleration or incubation programmes.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities: An enabler has a wide network of contacts and connections in the industry. This can enable a startup to connect with potential partners, suppliers, customers and other relevant companies. Collaboration with other companies or institutions through the enabler can generate beneficial business opportunities and synergies.
- Strategic advice: Enablers often have business experience and can provide strategic advice to the startup. This can include guidance in areas such as product development, market strategy, financing and international expansion. The enabler can help the startup make informed decisions and avoid potential pitfalls.
- Improved visibility and credibility: Working with a recognised enabler can help improve a startup's visibility and credibility. Partnering with a reputable enabler can convey confidence to potential investors, customers and partners, which can make it easier to attract resources and business opportunities.
- Financial cost: Hiring an enabler may involve an additional financial cost to the start-up, either in the form of consulting fees, commissions or a share of the results. The startup should carefully evaluate the expected return on investment and ensure that the enabler brings significant value that offsets the costs involved.
- Loss of control: Depending on the level of involvement of the enabler, there may be a loss of some control over the business and strategic decisions. The startup should make sure to set clear expectations and boundaries with the enabler to maintain its autonomy and entrepreneurial vision.
- External dependency: By relying on an enabler, the startup may become dependent on its services and connections. If the relationship with the enabler deteriorates or ends, the startup may face difficulties in maintaining or replicating the benefits it received through that partnership.
- Potential conflict of interest: Some enablers may have vested interests or partnerships with other companies that could lead to conflicts of interest. It is important for the startup to carefully research and evaluate the enabler before entering into a business relationship to ensure that there are no conflicts that could harm its interests.
Each startup should carefully assess the potential benefits and challenges before deciding to hire an enabler. It is important to take into account the specific needs and goals of the startup, as well as the enabler in question.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE CAN BE USEFUL IN ASSISTING AN ENTREPRENEUR IN SELECTING AND TRACKING THE RIGHT ENABLER TO ACCELERATE THEIR VENTURE IN A NUMBER OF WAYS:
- Information gathering: can provide detailed information on the different types of enablers, their roles and functions, as well as the features and benefits they offer. This can help the entrepreneur to better understand the options available and have a clearer picture of what to look for in an enabler.
- Personalised advice: can ask the entrepreneur specific questions about their needs, goals and challenges. Based on the answers provided, the model can provide personalised recommendations and guidance on what type of enabler might be best suited to their situation.
- Comparative analysis: can help the entrepreneur make a comparative analysis of different enablers, taking into account factors such as reputation, experience, connections, services offered and fees. This can help the entrepreneur make an informed decision by assessing the strengths and weaknesses of each option.
- Additional questions and answers: The entrepreneur can ask the artificial intelligence additional questions on any aspect related to the enablers, such as the steps to take to establish a partnership, the factors to consider during the enabler's follow-up or the possible challenges and solutions that might arise in the process.
While artificial intelligence can provide valuable information and guidance, it is important to bear in mind that it should be complemented by additional research and advice from experts in the field. The final decision should be based on a thorough assessment of the specific needs and circumstances of the entrepreneur and his company.
APPLY THIS TIP TO YOUR PROJECT
Name of entrepreneur: Maria
Context: Maria is a passionate entrepreneur who has created a startup called "TechHealth", which develops a mobile application to provide telemedicine and online health monitoring services. Maria has launched her company and has experienced initial growth, but is determined to accelerate her company and take it to the next level. She recognises the need to find a suitable enabler who can help her achieve her growth objectives.
SEARCH FOR THE ENABLER
Maria conducts extensive research and realises that she needs an enabler with experience in the health and technology sector. She decides to use artificial intelligence for additional guidance. She consults artificial intelligence about enablers in her industry and gathers information about the different enablers available in her region.
With the help of artificial intelligence, Maria identifies three potential enablers who have a strong track record in healthcare and technology. She benchmarks these enablers, taking into account their experience, networks, past successes and ability to adapt to her startup's needs. Finally, it selects "HealthTech Partners" as its preferred enabler because of their proven industry experience and successful track record with other health tech startups.
START OF THE COLLABORATION
Maria contacts HealthTech Partners and sets up an initial meeting to discuss her goals, challenges and potential collaboration. During the meeting, both parties discuss the services that HealthTech Partners can offer, such as access to investors, health and technology mentors, industry connections and strategic support. Maria and the HealthTech Partners team agree to work together to accelerate TechHealth's growth.
CONTINUOUS MONITORING AND SUPPORT
Throughout the process, Maria and her team maintain regular communication with HealthTech Partners. They participate in strategic advisory sessions, business development workshops and networking events organised by HealthTech Partners. The enabler also facilitates access to potential investors and helps TechHealth to close a successful financing round to fuel its expansion.
Thanks to the support of HealthTech Partners, TechHealth achieves significant growth in a short period of time. The startup expands its user base, establishes strategic partnerships with healthcare providers and secures a strong position in the telemedicine market. After a few years, TechHealth becomes a benchmark in its sector and attracts the attention of a leading healthcare technology company. As a result, TechHealth is acquired for a considerable sum, providing a successful outcome for Maria and her investors.
In this case study, entrepreneur Maria searches for a suitable enabler to accelerate her company, finds "HealthTech Partners" as her preferred enabler, collaborates closely with them and finally achieves success through a successful exit. Artificial intelligence played an important role in the initial identification of enab
APPLY THIS TIP TO YOUR PROJECT
- 💻 PRACTICE with an expert in the next practical webinar.
- 🔎 CONSULT more related TIPs with this same theme.
- 📖 AMPLIA your knowledge by downloading this EBOOK.
THINK ABOUT YOU
- 🚀 IMPULSA your company in the next acceleration programme, ¡book your place now!
- 🥁 PRACTICE with your project in this practical webinar, ¡apply for your place!
- 🌐 CONTACT with other entrepreneurs and companies, ¡register and take part in the next Networking!
THINK ABOUT HELPING OTHERS
We are sorry you did not find it useful.
Help us improve this TIP!
Leave us a comment and tell us how you would improve this TIP